Randy Rhine

I beleive the "Bonnie Klein" standard is 1 and 1/2 revs. I agree...1/4
turn is not enough.

rr

M.J. wrote:
"Owen Lowe" wrote in message
news

snip.

My complaint with threaded boxes is that it takes several complete
revolutions to separate the lid from the box. It shouldn't take more
than a quarter turn to remove the lid. More than that and I think I'd
find it annoying with frequent use.

One quarter turn to un-screw the lid? Can we assume that three-quarters of
the lids' thread will be unmated? Why have a threaded lid on the box?
Seems a suction fit would suit you better. I just checked my Richard Raffen
cocobolo threaded box. It takes one and a third revolution to unscrew the
lid. Not annoying at all and it sounds like it is made of porcelain....Nice
sound. However I agree that a lid that takes several turns would "grow old"
very quickly!