On 28 Feb 2005 06:06:00 -0800, someone wrote:

I learned about french drains searching these groups, but I don't think
one will work well for us because there isn't much slope once the water
gets in our yard. Is it reasonable and smart to try and change the
slope of a 1/3 acre yard? I thought about possibly bringing in dirt, or
digging dirt from around the sides of the mud pool to fill in the mud
pool and surrounding area.

If you fill in the pool, where will the water flow to? If you put in
a drain, where will that discharge to?

Dig the pool deeper. Now you have a pond. People pay good money to
have ponds, and now you'll have one.