Mary Fisher

"lulu" wrote in message

Morning all

We have an inset gas fire with a tiled hearth. I don't like the

colour
of
the hearth and want to change it but it's going to be difficult to
replace
the tiles without taking the gas fire out and replacing (an
expensive
business since it's not long been fitted). Would it be safe to
paint
the
hearth and if so what type of paint should I use? bearing in mind

it's
near
a fire and also needs to be very tough finish so that it doesn't get
chipped
or scratched.

Radiator paint? Bath enamel? Several types of enamel might do come to
think
of it - but I'd have the lot out and replace the tiles. We did, it's
worth
it. Painted tiles aren't really satisfactory.

Why is removing the fire expensive?

Have to pay the corgi fitter a 2nd time.....

Hmm. This is a DIY ng ...

LOL Mary!....shucks I knew that!....painting the hearth would be
DIY....but
taking out and re-installing a gas fire should be done by corgi fitters

I know. Shhhhhhhhhhh ..........

Mary

Lu