Ben

Dan Valleskey wrote:
I have that set up. BTW, your terminology is off a bit, I think,

what
you have is a Unifence.

Yikes! lol You're right--I meant to type Unifence.

I have no warping on the extension table, but I used a friends big
Unisaw (with a Unifence) that had a "hump" in the extension.

If it was me, first step would be to replace the board. Upgrade the
material, as Lew suggested. Even Baltic Birch would be better than
the Melamine.

Hey, just a crazy thought here- have you checked the cast iron part?
I've heard horror stories about those, though not on the Platinum
versions (USA made). Could be some of your warp is on the iron side!

Yep, checked the iron first...nice and flat.

If you bolt on a new cast iron wing, the Unifence will work, but only
as long as there is table for it to slide on. You will still need to
add some sort of extension. Look on the end of the Unifence furthest
from you, not the aluminum extrusion section, but look at the cast
hunk of metal. On the underside there is a little glider thing, with
a slick plastic insert. That would have to slide on something.
Otherwise, your 30 inch Unifence will be about a 16 inch Unifence.
Too short for most guys.

I suppose you could also bolt on two or more cast wings. Not sure

how
much good that would do you though.

Also, you may have trouble finding an affordable CI wing. Shipping
will kill you.

You mention concern over the mobile base. The Delta base is great, I
shove mine around all the time, never get any misalignments. It is a
robust design. Get the long version, made for the 30 inch fence.

You
actually get two pieces, they bolt together.

In fact, a mobile base may even help you some. When I had to set my
saw up without the base on a crooked basement floor, I had troubles
with the extension, it took extra time to get the extra legs set just
right. Than if I moved it, it took me another hunk of time to
re-adjust the table extension legs. No such troubles with the mobile
base.

Good to hear. The mobile base just didn't look all that rugged in the
photos.

Don't try to re-invent the wheel. That saw works well as supplied

for
some damn good craftsmen. Really, if Lew Hodgett doesn't need an
extra cast extension, you don't either.

Yeah, it's looking more and more like my best option is to replace the
extension table with something like melamine.