Upscale

"Dave O'Heare" oheareATmagmaDOTca wrote in message

The dealings that I have had cross-border by UPS would have been laughable
if they hadn't been so expensive. They charge at least $25 as a service
charge, plus a percentage of the monies collected, plus tax on the whole
shebang.

I agree 100% with you. Only problem is when you buy something, tell them
that you want it shipped USPS and then they ship it UPS. A few years back, I
bought a used DSL modem from someone on Ebay. Told him I'd pay his asking
price as long as he shipped it USPS and put the value as less than $50. The
idiot shipped it UPS and put the value at $100. It was held up at the border
until I paid duty and UPS brokerage charges. I'd already paid the guy with
paypal for it, so I was stuck and had to pay those extra bogus charges if I
wanted to get my modem. None of that crap aside from a simple $5 service fee
when I use USPS.