bigcat wrote:
S Viemeister wrote:
The project for this week, is replacing a section of app.90 year

old
soil pipe, which has developed a split along its length.
We intend to replace this section with plastic pipe.
Any tips, warnings, etc on cutting and removal of the offending

bit?
It's in a particularly difficult location, in a corner next to the

outside
wall, with very little space behind it.

Wear mouth protection!!! Youre cutting a pipe lined with congealed

****
for 90 years. **** hitting the fan at 11,000 rpm has to be about the
worst job of all. Very glad I've never done it

I've done it, not that bad really. Definitely wore goggles and a
nose/mouth mask though :-)

The method is as per other poosters, as far around the pipe as you can
get, then a good clout with a club hammer to break the final join.

Cheers

Paul.