Dave

Just did my first ever grouting job last night -- tiling splashbacks on
the kitchen wall and round the kitchen units.
It went fairly well, I found I could work pretty quickly once I'd got
the hang of the "squeegee".

A couple of questions:

* Grout profile -- I had a go at running a piece of wood dowel over the
joints to create a grout profile, but in the end gave up as it was too
fiddly. Is a proper concave grout profile really necessary on kitchen
walls? When should I apply the profile -- before or after sponging
over?

* I was thinking about giving the tiles "another coat" of grout this
evening, to cover any bits I may have missed. Worth doing or will I
mess up what I've already done?

Bruce

I've tried using dowel, etc but without success so normally reverted to
using my index finger and coping with the soreness for a few days
afterwards; HOWEVER, I recently bought a rubber finger(!) from Topps
Tiles - fantastic widget and well worth the couple of quid it cost!

--
Dave S
(The return email address is a dummy)