BillR

Default Removing storage heaters

NC wrote:
They stand pretty well by themselves, the only reason they're
supposed to be fixed to the wall is so that little kids don't swing
off them
and get flat - so ensure you don't let children/pets in the room
while it's loose.

I have one small one in the hallway, and 2 large ones in the lounge
and bedroom - I think I will just move the small one, and dismantle
the large ones.

Can you not peel back the carpet enough to get a sheet of
hardboard/lino or whatever under the feet, then walk the thing away?

I'll be taking the carpet up before I start moving the heaters -
replacing it with laminate. My question was if I could stand them on
laminate once they are ready to be refitted, or will I have to cut
holes in it and stand them on the floor ??

Stand them on top of the laminate. I know laminate is supposed to float due
to expansion but you can't have expansion gaps round every heavy item. The
heaters will tend to scratch the laminate uless you take precautions.