DaveH

"Never Enough Money" wrote in message roups.com...
How did you measure that the 0.0025 and the other measurements?
Whatever you used must be a lot more accurate that that. Starrett
straight edges are 0.0001 accurate per foot of length. Many others are
0.001 (one less zero).

With a 6" staight edge that I verified as straight along the length of
the tables at various points. I then placed this straight edge across
the width of the outfeed, immediately after the cutter, and could see
visible light under the centre. I measured this to be 0.0035" with a
feeler. The same straight edge placed across the width of the infeed,
just before the cutter, rocked. Using a dial indicator and stand I set
the tables level at the fence side of the cutter. In the centre of the
cutter I measured a 0.007" height difference and at the other end a
0.002" difference.

Now I realise that my technique and instuments may not be ideal which
is why I qualified my original measurments with the word about. I
didn't, however, expect to be able to measure ANY distortion in the
tables.