Dave O'Heare

"Jack Fearnley" wrote in message
. ..
Perhaps Canadian readers will be interested in my recent experience.

[snip]
Not much of a saving considering the current exchange rates
and a big loss if UPS does not collect tax.

The dealings that I have had cross-border by UPS would have been laughable
if they hadn't been so expensive. They charge at least $25 as a service
charge, plus a percentage of the monies collected, plus tax on the whole
shebang.

*AND* they don't pay any attention to their own time standards for
deliveries, you can't talk to the same person twice when trying to resolve a
problem, and the US side of things doesn't seem to have a clue about the
Canadian side of things.

There are a couple of times I've tried to buy stuff in the US, and when they
seller informed me that they only ship by UPS, I have done without. Way
fewer headaches.

Dave O'Heare
oheareATmagmaDOTca