Chris Lasdauskas

On Wed, 16 Feb 2005 15:37:59 UTC, "Ed Huntress"
wrote:

"jim rozen" wrote in message
In article , Ed Huntress says...

And so on. It's quite a long list. As Bush said before his second
inauguration, he has a big agenda, and not much time to do it. By the

time
conservative Americans wake up to the implications and consequences, it

will
be too late.

It's sort of odd that most elederly count themselves as 'conservatives,'
probably based more on fiscal conservatisim more than anything else.

The older they get, the less most people like change. That's their idea of
"conservatism." For example, my AARP newsletter tells me that most older
people don't want privatization of Social Security.

And actually quite a good one
"Real Conservatives" (tm) believe that you don't change things unless
they really need changing, not just because someone else changed it in
another country etc. What most americans seem to call conservative is
more like 'reactionary' ie back to the past, or 'radical right'; oh,
and you also (mostly) misuse 'liberal'

Cheers,
Chris