Kent Frazier

"Ecnerwal" wrote in message
In article 1109362258.874295fac1ff374a7e82fc03a3e9de7b@teran ews,
"Absinthe" wrote:

I believe I will have to add these abilities slower, perhaps focusing on
hand tools and *small* machines at first.

Second the good hacksaw frame; I like the style with a tension rod above
the frame. And files. The amount of metalwork you can do with files
(especially good sharp files (see boggs tool if your files are dull) is
amazing. Keep your files sharp by never letting them touch each other -
store them in a box, rack or roll that keeps them all separated. If
that's more than you can manage right now, wrap them in paper, at least.
Files that bang into other files become dull files, and dull files stink.

A good way to protect file is to over them with cut up bicycle inner tubes.
Any bike shop will give you a few, ask for the skinny ones (700 x 20) they
stretch to accommodate large files.

Starret, Kurt, Palmgren, vises to work with