Lurch

On Sun, 27 Feb 2005 12:19:12 +0000, MM strung
together this:

Sounds like there's no back up battery - or it's flat. A power cut
shouldn't set an alarm off. Or alter its state.

Funny you should say that because the read-out on the key pad says
"Call Engineer: Battery fault 100"

That's that then, one knackered battery, and possibly panel.

Could it be that a battery is housed in a big white box mounted on a
wall in one of the walk-in wardrobes? I asked the developer what that
was and he simply said, Oh, that's to do with the alarm system. You
don't need to worry about that.

More than likely, all the important bits are in a nice metal box that
can be hidden away in a more secure location so all you see is the
keypad on the wall.

Somewhat pointless me going into detail here if you are going to have
an engineer come and sort the system out as I would prefer to describe
all the functions of the system on a one to one basis. The book
usually doesn't make sense if you've just had the alarm chucked at you
but once a competent engineer has been through the system with you it
will probably make more sense.
--

SJW