Mary Fisher

"Another Dave" wrote in message
therebel wrote:
I am considering using kitchen grade laminate flooring on my kitchen
floor.
the run would only be about 12 ft long by about 6 ft. is it really
necessary
to leave a 10mm gap around the edges for such a small area?

I've just done this to my kitchen. I removed all the skirting boards and
sawed under the door architraves so that the gap was concealed under
them - after I replaced the skirting obviously. It looks a treat and won't
buckle in the heat.

That's the best way and what we did but there are still some who thinks it
look OK with an edging attached to the skirting. I think it looks a dog but
what do I know?

Recently I noticed that this (with the edging) is the way it was done at the
West Yorkshire Playhouse restaurant/community area.

It looks cheap.

Blech.

Mary

Cheers

--
Change nospam to webtribe in e-mail address