NikV

"Marcus Fox" wrote in
message ...

"Ross Mac" wrote in message

"Bill Woods" wrote in message
What is the best way to remove Araldite which has been mixed but has
not yet hardened from my hands?

I have tried meths, soap & water, Swarfega but none seem to remove
the sticky Araldite.

Did you say you tried methyl chloride?....Dangerous stuff....I believe

that
material is similar, correct me if I am wrong, to epoxy and I never found
anything to get it off your hands short of peeling it off over a few
days....good luck, Ross

No, meths is methyl alcohol not methyl chloride. And don't consider using
the latter, it's very nasty stuff, I believe used as paint stripper.

meths is actually ethanol which has been 'methylated' with methyl isobutyl
ketone + some methanol + bitrex ('orrible taste') and a trace or a dye
usually fluorescein to show its not potable (in case the small doesn't tell
you)

Nik