Mike

"doozer" wrote in message
What you are essentially saying is that electrical work should be
completely unregulated because the current system is wrong. That's
bizzare. To use an analogy: everyone (ok not quite everyone but we'll
pretend) speeds on motorways. Ergo the current system of fines and
points isn't working. Should we therefore give up and say people should
drive whatever speed they like on motorways? I would say that it would
be better to modify the system so that it does work.

What we need is the old pre-Raygun US system where laws are set to what 90%
of local inhabitants would do. So speed limits are set to what 90% of
drivers drive at.