John

"Mary Fisher" wrote in message
et...

SNIP

I'm resisting radiators in our what used, quaintly, to be called reception
rooms - dining and sitting. The time wespend in those is intermittent and
we're sitting down when we're there so we'dneed higher temperatures than
the rest of the house. The thermostat is set at 10C currently and it's
mostly adequate for everywhere else.

The gas fires in those rooms can be put on as and when we want them - and
turned off when we leave the room. When I'm in the sitting room I'm
usually doing just that - sitting - and sewing or doing some other textile
work and like to be cosy with radiant heat. If radiators were putting out
enough heat to have the same effect it would send me to sleep as well as
taking longer to get to the right temperature.

Mary

A classic example of the adage "You can please some of the people some of
the time ........." G