Mike

On 27 Feb 2005 10:45:01 -0800, "Ben" wrote:

I'm thinking I'd like to just simply replace the extension table with asnip
So the question becomes, is this do-able? Will the Unisaw get enough
support with just one cast iron extension table on the right instead of
the whole 30" table?

As far as the mobile base goes, Delta does make an extension that
bolts to the normal mobile base. It's made to be long enough to pick
up the legs of the 30" table. It works pretty well.
I'm not sure if the fence rail will get enough support. You could
move your wing from the left side to the right (I'm pretty sure they
are interchangeable) and try if for a while. If you don't think it
has enough support you might be able to come up with a piece of angle
iron to use for a support.

Does Delta even make a cast iron extension table
that will allow for this (the catalog is less than clear on this)?

I think the cast iron wing on the left side is the same one to use on
the right. Take the one you have off, turn it around and see if the
holes match up. I think they will.

Mike O.