tonyp

"Ed Huntress" wrote

The issue is that the party of homophobic fundamentalists just got caught
with a rather large embarrassment. When Barney Franks came out, his
relatively more tolerant constituents had little problem with it.

Just for the record, Ed, it's Barney Frank (no "s"). He's the guy who once
observed that for a certain brand of Republicans, "Life begins at conception
and ends at birth". When his homosexuality became public, Tip O'Neil is
alleged to have told him "Gee, Barney, I always thought you'd be our first
_Jewish_ president" :-)

-- TP