Bennett Price

And make sure that that the contractor actually pays for the materials
that get delivered. Otherwise, the roofing materials supplier can put
a mechanics lien on your dad's house.

You might find these web sites (and their links)helpful:
http://www.cslb.ca.gov/services/guides.asp
http://www.oag.state.ny.us/consumer/...act_sheet.html
http://www.lawdepot.com/contracts/se...ee_-contractor

Edwin Pawlowski wrote:
"Melissa" wrote in message

My dad has asked that I be present at the new contract set
up and signing, as witness and to ask any questions that might not occur
him. The new contract is to be signed this Monday morning. Thanks for
any
suggestions.

--
Melissa
remove (yourshoes) to reply by email

What new contract? I'd just hope the guy shows up and has material
delivered. Right now he has dad's money and you have a piece of paper with
useless printing on it. A new piece of paper is not going to be worth
anything more.