John McGaw

JD wrote:
Today I will begin installing the joists for a deck so I am a couple weekens
away from installing deck boards. I would like to get the group's opinion
about hidden fastening systems. I will be using 5/4 treated pine decking on
a deck that will be about 2 feet off the ground so I could get underneath if
I had to.
I have been looking at Dek Clip and Deck Master.
Does anyone have any experience with these products? Gripes, praise,
recommendations tips would be appreciated.
Thanks
Jackson

So far as I'm concerned, concealed fasteners are the way to go. I've not
used the ones you name but when I put up the little deck outside my
bedroom I used Eb-Ty ( http://www.ebty.com/ ) fasteners to put down the
synthetic planking over the pressure-treated framing. This deck is
literally at ground level and there was no possibility of working from
below. The job went quickly and precisely and the slight extra cost of
using the concealed fasteners and stainless hardware was worth it.

--
John McGaw
[Knoxville, TN, USA]