The Real Tom

On Sun, 27 Feb 2005 09:21:45 -0500, Steve Manes
wrote:

On Fri, 25 Feb 2005 16:55:17 -0500, "Robert11"
wrote:

I want to put an outlet and a switch on an unfinished wooden stud (I think
they are called studs; the ones running floor to ceiling) in the basement.
Will use a metal gang box, of course, and NM / Romex 14/2 WG.

Since the basement wall here is unfinished, no plaster walls, just the
exposed wood, can I just run the wire
up the stud and staple it to the wood ?

This will depend on your local code. Here in NYC, it would need to be
in EMT conduit.

Steve Manes
Brooklyn, NY
http://www.magpie.com/house/bbs

My family lives in brooklyn. Since all houses seem to be row houses,
they are all considered 'places of assembly" by definition. So NM is
not allowed to be used by the NEC, even without looking at the local
codes.

So very good point steve!

later,

tom @ www.MedicalJobList.com