Bob_M

On Sun, 27 Feb 2005 11:05:02 -0500, "JD" wrote:

Today I will begin installing the joists for a deck so I am a couple weekens
away from installing deck boards. I would like to get the group's opinion
about hidden fastening systems. I will be using 5/4 treated pine decking on
a deck that will be about 2 feet off the ground so I could get underneath if
I had to.
I have been looking at Dek Clip and Deck Master.
Does anyone have any experience with these products? Gripes, praise,
recommendations tips would be appreciated.
Thanks
Jackson

Last summer we had our large desk replaced with a new one also about
2' off the ground. It is large (aaprox 800+ SF) and entirely
constructed of white cedar using concealed fasteners. The product we
used were theres:

http://www.strongtie.com/products/co...T14Z-DPTZ.html

While NOT commenting on the exact product you inquired, at least this
is a vote for concealed fasteners... definitely worth the price and
labor differential.

Bob