Dave Plowman (News)

In article ,
MM wrote:
Sounds like there's no back up battery - or it's flat. A power cut
shouldn't set an alarm off. Or alter its state.

Funny you should say that because the read-out on the key pad says
"Call Engineer: Battery fault 100"

Never mind. The klaxon is unhappily dangling from the wall on its
single wire and will remain there as punishment until Monday morning.

Do you beat your car with a branch if it won't start? ;-)

Could it be that a battery is housed in a big white box mounted on a
wall in one of the walk-in wardrobes? I asked the developer what that
was and he simply said, Oh, that's to do with the alarm system. You
don't need to worry about that.

I'm not an alarm expert, but in mine it's inside the main control panel.
There's also another one inside the external bell box which should cause
it to sound if things are tampered with while the mains are off.

Seems to me you need to get the owner's instruction manual for the system
and read it. To stop one ringing if it's been set off you merely need to
enter the user code - which you can choose yourself. There's little point
having an alarm system if you don't know how to use it. Some would say
there's no point in them anyway. ;-)

IMHO, to be of any real use, it should also have an additional keypad
situated beside the usual exit. Fiddling around in cupboards to set it
means it won't be used.

--
*I can see your point, but I still think you're full of ****.

Dave Plowman London SW