Kaiser

"Dave Plowman (News)" wrote in message
In article ,
Kaiser wrote:
I have a Red Wickes 4.5" angle grinder supposedly made by Kress, or so I
was told when I purchased it. It is the biggest load of crap I've ever
bought. The Switch is stiff and often doesn't latch, you can't fit
cutting discs on it because the collars on the spindle have too much
shoulder on them, and it vibrates like nothing on earth. But it would
probably be ideal for you.

I've got one of those too. The switch button mechanics do jam due to dirt
- but a quick squirt of cleaning spray sorts it. I've not had trouble
finding ordinary discs, but diamond ones don't fit - or at least the ones
I've tried. Wouldn't say it's rough, though. Mine is mainly used with
those cup brushes for removing paint from metal, etc. I'd say the switch
jamming would be a real pain when cutting stone etc and producing a lot of
dust. It was exceptional value for money when bought some 15 years ago.

--

Must be getting on for 15 years ago when I bought mine although it's had
little use. I had a Red Wickes SDS (also made by Kress) at the same time