MM

On Sun, 27 Feb 2005 12:01:55 +0000 (GMT), "Dave Plowman (News)"
wrote:

In article ,
MM wrote:
How can a powercut cause mayhem like this? Supposing I am away on
business or on holiday and a powercut occurs? Do the neighbours have
to suffer (for 20 minutes?) until I return in two weeks? Or do the
police break in and steal all my arthouse movies?

Sounds like there's no back up battery - or it's flat. A power cut
shouldn't set an alarm off. Or alter its state.

Funny you should say that because the read-out on the key pad says
"Call Engineer: Battery fault 100"

Never mind. The klaxon is unhappily dangling from the wall on its
single wire and will remain there as punishment until Monday morning.

Could it be that a battery is housed in a big white box mounted on a
wall in one of the walk-in wardrobes? I asked the developer what that
was and he simply said, Oh, that's to do with the alarm system. You
don't need to worry about that.

MM