John

Default How to prevent wide pine floors from cupping?

I'm soon going to be installing wide red pine flooring in widths from 6 to
12 inches and want to take any and all precautions to stop any cupping from
occuring later on. Right now, the boards are acclimitising stacked and
stickered. They are prefectly flat.

House and boards are very dry (forced hot air & new england winter). I plan
on face nailing every board, as well as porta-nail the side tongues.

I've researched and found some suggest sealing the back of each board, and
using a snake of construction adhesive (no felt paper) to also glue the
boards down!

Has anyone glued wide plank flooring? I'm afraid the boards will just pop
free once the glue hardens up.

Any suggestions would be appreciated.

-Johny B