George

"DaveH" wrote in message
om...
I bought the 6" Ridgid jointer the other day. Upon assembly I have
found that the infeed table is convex across the 6" width (the center
is about 0.0025" higher than the edges). The outfeed table is concave
(the center is about 0.0035" lower than the edges). The net result is
that, for example, if the tables are set at the same height at the
center, the edges of the infeed table will be about 0.006" lower than
the outfeed table. This distortion does not extend the full length of
the tabls as they are perfectly flat towards the ends.

Is this sort of distortion normal? Is it within acceptable tolerance?
Should I be returning it to HD and demanding a replacement.

The board is entirely different after it passes over the cutterhead, so the
in/out differences you noted are differences which make no difference. The
concavity in the out _might_ give a bit of snipe. Run a few pieces and see.