jim rozen

In article 5WdUd.13761$ab2.8115@edtnps89, Ted Edwards says...

You actually can see the distortion from that.

Jim, I sincerely hope that you don't seriously expect to see any
distortion at audio frequencies resulting from the plated layers found
in connectors.

Maybe at X-band but ...

Those were microwave connectors Ted. The distortion winds up
as intermodulation products, trompeter makes so many different
kinds of connectors I think they just decided to make their
plating standards for gold avoid nickel for *all* their connectors.

For me this was good because I had to obtain miniature triax
connectors with very low remanent magnetization.
They were the only folks I found who could do this.

Jim

please reply to: