Thanks for an answer Travis.

So if I cut the red, black, and bare wire and look and its AL I need to
get a AL to copper connector, if its copper I can just use wire nuts
(big ones in this case)? Correct? I think this wire is a #6 so is that
why they used that wire lag/nut that I can't seem to get loose?

Just for my own knowledge (i know this is not smart). What would happen
if I were to utilize the existing old connection from the junction
box(the one that went into the old stovetop) and just tied the new 3
wires from the new stove to the end of the wires that went into the old
stove. Instead of making the conneciton at the junction box? It would
be like an extention of the cord comming out of the junction box but I
would not have to cut anything in the juction box.

THanks again
Jason

PS. Please no more call an electrician responses, if I thought I needed
to do that I would have, hence the reason for news groups to learn
somthing you don't know. I know it puts more money in the electrician
pocket and also can keep me alive longer, but if i want to kill my self
installing a stove , so be it.