Ross Mac

"Edwin Pawlowski" wrote in message
. com...

"Ross Mac" wrote in message
I suspect he *will* need a dryer. You will notice he has this posted
also on a metalworking NG. If you don't dry the air properly, you will
get water out of your air guns and water into any machine tools you
connect.

Ross, I believe you are assuming here. I have never seen him indicate
ownership of any machine tools. Perhaps he does, but I don't believe so.
But I will agree, if he does have machine tools with any air controls on
them a dryer would be in order. Greg

I don't know about you but I prefer to not have water pouring out of air
guns, air tools or anything else pneumatic. But, too each their
own.....Ross

A lot depends on the use of the compressor, location (i.e., Arizona or the
Amazon) You are correct about condensation, but if just a tiny bit of air
is used intermittently, you may never see the water at the tools as it
will condense in the receiver. If you are using a steady flow, different
situation. At home I don't have a dryer on my small compressor and never
will, At work, we have a rather large refrigerant dryer to handle the 700
cfm we use and we get gallons of water from the lines.

Agreed.....but even in a dry climate like California for example the rain
will come and muck everything up for a few days but like you said usage
pattern.
We had those large systems too at my last place of employment
(retired/retarded). One of my duties was to spec the sytems out for
manufacturing. Your suggestion of the oil separator in another thread was
also a good one. I used to get a kick out of that though. I would walk past
the compressor pad and see the separator overflowing onto the
pavement.......by the way, I checked out your woodworking/website...very
nice.....Ross