Colbyt

"cat herder" wrote in message
news:WmaUd.123615$0u.114885@fed1read04...

Hi
I've got a mirror in 3 sections: one that attaches to its
own dresser, that is they are a set... and the attached
side mirrors swing.

I don't remember there being a thick strap on the back
of the center mirror... just small straps, but when I replaced
the straps they were not near strong enough to keep the
center mirror from falling forward.

Is there a trick or did I just remember incorrectly and the
straps were much thicker? The mirrors are about 3 feet
tall and weight about 60-80 lbs.

Thanks.

I haven't seen one of that style for years.

When they were made of wood I recall them being 3/4" thick, 2-3" wide and
about 1/2 the height of the mirror plus about 18" down the back of the
dresser. They usually attached to some inner structure on the dresser with
long screws. They were not just attached to the paper board or plywood
backing.

The metal models followed the same general guidelines but were thinner
because they were engineered for the job.

Colbyt