meirman

In alt.home.repair on Sat, 26 Feb 2005 16:11:24 -0500 Nathan Zimmerman
posted:

I have recently revived an NEC VCR but I had neglected the remote
and leakage has left the blue corrosion on the contacts in the
remote. Is there any way to clean the contacts without wrecking them?

TIA,

Nathan Z

The spring end can be harder, but I think in one case, I folded some
tin foil (aluminum foil) 2 or 4 layers and placed that down so that it
touched the clean part of the original contact and the battery touched
the foil.

In another case, I soldered in a new piece of "tin".

Bigger problem when you can't get at the contact, like the bottom of a
flashlight.

Meirman
--
If emailing, please let me know whether