meirman

In alt.home.repair on Sat, 26 Feb 2005 20:51:36 -0600 PJ
posted:

On Sat, 26 Feb 2005 17:07:06 -0500, "
wrote:

Just wondering what all experiences you have had with them, good and bad?
thinking of ordering stuff from them but reluctant due to 'no name' nature
of prods.
TIA

I have their chicago hammer 3/8 electric drill. It no longer
hammers, but still drills after 3 years.

Did you use it as a hammer for a while? Or did it just break without
being used that way?

PJ

I too like cheap tools for things I don't do often. In one case, not
with harbor freight, the tool broke the first night I used it, but
only after I had done what I wanted with it. By that time, I either
buy another one, a better one, or I know it's not really the tool for
me.

(I have more than one 23 piece set of 1/4 and 3/8" socket wrenches I
paid only 6 dollars for. In one case I was able to twist the 6 inch
extension apart with the ratchet and my bare hands**, but most of the
time it's strong enough.

**I was trying to unbolt something from my V-8 engine. After ruining
one extension, I started the engine and tried again with another
extension when it was almost hot. That time, the bolt came loose
first.)

Meirman
--
If emailing, please let me know whether