Jerry Martes

If you get interested in using a contacotr and a couple Allen Bradley push
button switches I would send you some good, used, parts. I'm in the Los
Angeles area and have way too many good junk that I'd like to see go to good
use.

Jerry

"Ignoramus18224" wrote in message
Thanks modervador. I have completed installing the compressor,
pictures to follow.

On 26 Feb 2005 19:26:39 -0800,
wrote:
Ignoramus6609 wrote:
On 25 Feb 2005 20:20:33 -0800,

wrote:

Ignoramus6609 wrote:
What I want to find is an inline two
pole switch.

Not sure what you mean by "inline" here, wou mean one that goes in

the
flexible power cord like a heftier version of a table lamp switch,

or

Yes. A beefier version of a lamp switch. Remember, with a 220V plug,
the circuit will be protected by a circuit breaker.

The version of the table lamp switch I'm talking about here is in the
cord, "inline" as it were. It has a little thumbwheel that turns the
lamp on or off. There are larger versions with snap-action rockers that
I've seen in some fractional horsepower motorized equipment like vacuum
pumps, grinders etc.

I see Leviton and Cooper are calling them "feed through cord switches":
http://www.leviton.com/pdfs/d-503/d-503M.pdf (page 5)
http://www.cooperwiringdevices.com/c...D_Switches.pdf
(page 28)

Anyway, I also turned up a nice selection of motor switches from
Leviton to compare to the Cutler-Hammer ones I mentioned earlier:

http://www.leviton.com/pdfs/switches...ch_booklet.pdf

I'd kind of always considered Cutler-Hammer synonomous with "serious"
industrial motor switches and starters, and Leviton synonomous with
"lightweight" residential and small appliance switches, plugs &
sockets, but hey, maybe an old dog can learn new tricks.

%mod%