Ignoramus6609 wrote:
On 25 Feb 2005 20:20:33 -0800,

wrote:

Ignoramus6609 wrote:
What I want to find is an inline two
pole switch.

Not sure what you mean by "inline" here, wou mean one that goes in

the
flexible power cord like a heftier version of a table lamp switch,

or

Yes. A beefier version of a lamp switch. Remember, with a 220V plug,
the circuit will be protected by a circuit breaker.

The version of the table lamp switch I'm talking about here is in the
cord, "inline" as it were. It has a little thumbwheel that turns the
lamp on or off. There are larger versions with snap-action rockers that
I've seen in some fractional horsepower motorized equipment like vacuum
pumps, grinders etc.

I see Leviton and Cooper are calling them "feed through cord switches":
http://www.leviton.com/pdfs/d-503/d-503M.pdf (page 5)
http://www.cooperwiringdevices.com/c...D_Switches.pdf
(page 28)

Anyway, I also turned up a nice selection of motor switches from
Leviton to compare to the Cutler-Hammer ones I mentioned earlier:

http://www.leviton.com/pdfs/switches...ch_booklet.pdf

I'd kind of always considered Cutler-Hammer synonomous with "serious"
industrial motor switches and starters, and Leviton synonomous with
"lightweight" residential and small appliance switches, plugs &
sockets, but hey, maybe an old dog can learn new tricks.

%mod%