Stormin Mormon

This is Stormy The Great. I am giving you a free psychic reading. This is on
the door from the kitchen to the garage. I see you... oh, it's getting
cloudy. I see.... you going to the yellow pages and calling a locksmith....
I see you being very pleased with the excellent service.....

That will be $48.50 for psychic consultation.

--

Christopher A. Young
Learn more about Jesus

"Gautam Thaker" wrote in message
Hello:

I have attached a photo of the situation. One can see this long barrel
(which I am hold inward by my hands). In the horizonal bar there appear
to be this this metal thingy that prevents the barrel from sliding
out. I have tried to move, slide or rotate the retaining "clip", but do
not have magic. Any hints welcome. I am tempted to hammer on it, but the
since the whole remaining assembly hangs I am afraid of damaging something.

Gautam

Marc Wolfe wrote:
"Gautam Thaker" wrote in message

Hello:

I am trying to replace a kitchen/outside door that is stuck in locked
position ( I can not open the door, and must use other doors to get in and
out of the house.)

i bought a replacement lock (it has door knob (w/ key slot) on the
outside, and a handle on the inside.) I removed the screws on the inside
and that part comes out easily. Yet, the outside part (the door knob part)
does not come out. Something in the lock mechanism is holding it in. I
can't still open the door. Is there some trick? some latch? How can i
remove this lock so that I may replace it with a newer one?

If the latch was in the locked position when you removed the interior knob
the latch is what's holding the exterior knob in place.

From the inside look into the knob hole. You should see a slim bar
horizontally bisecting the knob hole at latch level. That slim bar should
have a hole in it in line with the lock keyway. The hole should have one
or two detente points. Put a screwdriver blade (flat) into the detentes

and
turn away from the latch to unlock.

Best,

Marc