Edwin Pawlowski

"Tony Hwang" wrote in message
news:T17Ud.516428$6l.55446@pd7tw2no...
Hi,
Been a long while looking at new TV sets.
In a bind for a new TV set. Still hesitating to buy new tech projection,
Plasma, or LCD panels. Anyone using a HDTV ready Sony 34 in. XBR flat
screen CRT based set? Local store has some on sale for good price.
Any comments?
I have a digital cable access/high speed internet.
Tony

Last year I bought a Phillips 34" HD CRT. It is the largest CRT based TV
made. IMO, the picture quality is better than any projection TV and was
reasonably priced compared to plasma or LCD. Plasma allegedly fades after a
few years also.

Get help if you buy one. That sucker is 185 pounds. I made an oak stand
for it and had to be careful of the placement as much of the weight is in
the front. If you are interested in seeing the stand, it is on my we page
under "woodworking"
--
Ed
http://pages.cthome.net/edhome/