Wally Korzenieski

Default Waterproofing Basement Walls

Looking for some advice. My house is about 30 years old and the basement
walls (typical concrete block foundation) are damp in spots. Certainly no
streams of water coming through the blocks, just a bit of dampness,
especially during the wet season. I'd like to apply one of the common water
proofing materials to all the walls but half the walls were painted by a
previous owner. All of the waterproofing materials I've checked out indicate
they should be applied to bare concrete or block, not painted surfaces.

Any suggestions for sealing up basement walls, especially those that have
been painted?

Thanks.

Wally Korzenieski