Joseph Meehan

D i a n e . wrote:
Hello, is there a fairly logical way to determine if the place you
own is worth repairing or time to get out(with your sanity)? the
ads for 'we buy ugly houses' are beginning to appeal to me. hubby
has proven he's not the handyman I hoped for. (BUT he doesn't believe
that....) Any advice is appreciated. tia, D

You are going to loose money if you move. First if you don't like you
home, no one else is going to like it so they will pay very little for it.
Second you will find that your next home is just like yours, but you did not
notice it until you moved in. Third hubby will still not be a handyman.
Most important is the fact that when you sell it is a lot of bother, cost of
moving and paying a percentage to the realtor, and that is no small amount.

The time to move is when the location is wrong. Would you move if the
house was fixed up? If not, then figure out what it needs and fix it up.
It will be cheaper than moving. Much cheaper.

--
Joseph Meehan

26 + 6 = 1 It's Irish Math