Edwin Pawlowski

"D i a n e ." wrote in message
Hello, is there a fairly logical way to determine if the place you own
is worth repairing or time to get out(with your sanity)? the ads for
'we buy ugly houses' are beginning to appeal to me. hubby has proven
he's not the handyman I hoped for. (BUT he doesn't believe that....)
Any advice is appreciated. tia, D

Many factors involved. Old, small house in a very expensive neighborhood?
tear it down and rebuild right where you are. This is becoming very popular
in some areas where real estate is becoming scarce.

Lots of land? Start building the new house, tear this down when the new one
is done.

Check the prices of homes in the area. I woke up one morning and looked at
ads in the paper. I realized I have $50k more in equity that I thought. If
that is the case, consider a home equity loan and have the repairs and/or
remodelling done by a pro. You say you have an ugly home, but if it is
sound, it may be worth repairing. You need a good evaluation by people that
really know.