Steve Smith

Greg O wrote:

"Ignoramus6609" wrote in message

3. Is there some smart autodrain device that I could install in place
of the drain plug?

Thanks!

3. Yes. Harbor freight makes one, but I would not recommend it. I had two
fail in six months so I bought this one.
(the link drops the = sign for some reason, Grainger item #4TK04)
http://www.grainger.com/Grainger/pro...&ccitem=E asy install, just remove the drain valve, and screw it on! No extraplumbing like the HF valve.Greg

I found a time delay relay at the scrap yard, along with a solenoid
operated valve (I'm not lucky, just persistent). I've got the relay set
so it turns the valve on for a fraction of a second whenever the
compressor turns on. This works very well, way better than me
remembering to walk around the back of the building and drain the tank
manually.

One problem with it is in winter the valve can ice up (since it is
outside). It tends to ice when the solenoid opens, which means the valve
doesn't quite close right and makes a slow leak.

Steve