Tony Hwang

SJF wrote:
"James" wrote in message

Two Questions related to this post:

I live about 8 miles from most of my major tv station antennas.
But, one favorite uhf station is 25 miles away. Luckily, they are all
within 20 degrees of each other.

Questions:

1. Because I need some good gain for the uhf station 25 miles away,
should I not use a mast mounted pre-amp? I know that I can get good
reception from the stations only 8 miles away with a modest antenna, but
the uhf station 25 miles away is one of my major channels that I listen

to.

2. I have a brick chimney that is 20 feet away from where I can mount my
antenna. Will the brick structure attenuate my signals??

Thanks for any advice !!

--James--

Try it first without the preamp. While a preamp may help the more distant
station, it may overload and degrade the picture from the nearer stations
which will have a much higher signal strength. --- SJF

Hi,
Also amp boosts signal as well as noise.
Tony