Alan

"Ikon" wrote in message
ups.com...
While it is possible to find inexpensive laminate at Costco, IKEA, etc,
the accessories such as the Base Board (sometimes called Wall Base) and
3-in-1 underlayment seem to be unproportionally expensive. For example,
Harmonics laminate for my whole house would cost me less that the Base
Board and 3-in-1 underlayment for the 2nd floor alone. I assume
laminate $1.30/sqft, Base Board $2.50/ft, and 3-in-1 $0.65/sqft.

Painted Base Boards are, of course, cheaper, but they don't look good
either.

Is there a reputable online source where I could buy Base Board and
3-in-1 underlayment at reasonable price ?

We put down Pergo in our kitchen and used all Pergo trim. The trim is very
expensive, looks nice, but is not very good. The biggest problem is that all
of the seams will eventually show. The expansion/contraction rate on the
trim isn't even remotely close to that of the wall and floor. If you install
in the summer, there will be 1/8 -1/4 inch inch gaps come winter. The
contractor came out three times to try to fix it. It got somewhat better,
but not nearly good enough. We love the floor, but if I had it to do over
again, I'd go with wood trim and paint it.