Slumlord

As somone else posted earlier: Check EBAY. I just bought a used Fuji
HVLP system to do the trim, doors, and a Graco XR5 to paint interior
walls. I went with the XR5 since I generally repaint an apartment only
a couple time a year. Its small enough to transport easy. If I need a
better paint sprayer, then I will invest in a Graco 395 or Graco STX. I
settled on Graco because I already own a texture sprayer made by them.

Lots of people buy paint sprayers to do their homes and then never use
them again. Therefore a lot of them end up on Ebay. Be careful though,
some people bid up the used ones close to the price of buying new.
Don't worry if one painter gets bid up too high; soon there will be 1/2
dozen more online to bid on as well.

Stay away from anything by Wagner. I have never used a "home owners"
painter by them that worked worth a darn.

Harry Everhart wrote:
I am planning to spray paint my house with latex stain. That is what is
on it right now. I own a Sears compressor and a spray gun - but several
people told me that the "airless paint guns" do a better and easier job.
Can I spray latex stain with one of these guns? Has anyone completed an
entire house using this method?
I plan to pressure wash the house thoroughly and use a bleach/water
solution to clean off any mildew - etc - before I start painting.
I am newly retired and just bought this house in Tallahassee. The paint
is ok now - but some spots need work - I figure I will just try to pant
the whole house. I will stain it the same color - gray - I will take a
sample to Lowes and let them match it.
What kind of airless paint gun do you have - and how do you like it? I
plan on buying one for this job.