Dennis Turner

On 2/26/2005 7:32 AM or thereabouts, Mikepier appears, somewhat
unbelievably, to have opined:
The hooligan wrote:

I had the very same problem. My garage door openers were installed in
1962. But rather than run an extension cord the owner/builder wired

the

openers and fluorescent light direct to the ceiling light boxes. If

you

have ceiling light you can remove the box and put an outlet box up
there. One plug can be used for the opener, the other for a 4 or 8

foot

fluorescent with attached plug. HTH

He can do that provided there is constant 110v at the box. It could be
on a switch being it's a light fixture.

In that case just leave the switch on. I did this in a previous home and
the switch gives an additional security feature. When you go out of
town, flip it off. Then thieves with "code-breakers" can't open the door
that way.

--
I sent ten puns to all my friends hoping that at least one
would make them laugh.