Takoma Park Volunteer Fire Department Postmaster

Travis Jordan wrote:
HorneTD wrote:

Extensive review by a team of lightning protection scientist
coordinated by the National Institute of Standards and Technology
concluded that the claims of such systems are based on junk science
and that they do not perform better than Franklin air terminal
systems The one thing that I can say they perform better on is the
profit margins of the firms that offer them.

Citation, please?

IEEE Electrical Insulation Magazine - January 01, 2000

I believe that this article covers the review. It was some time ago so
I may be wrong. The NFPA has recently declined to include a project on
lightning protection using these devices based on the standards council
having not been presented with evidence by the proponents of the project
that would demonstrate that there is a sound scientific basis for this
new technology. Even it's proponents can not offer any clear evidence
of superior performance in comparison to Faraday cage approaches.
--
Tom H