Gunner

On 26 Feb 2005 00:55:23 GMT, Ignoramus6609
wrote:

I just bought this used compressor, which seems to be in a nice shape
and runs okay, as far as I could tell.

http://igor.chudov.com/projects/CurtisCompressor/

I am going to connect it to this subpanel:

http://igor.chudov.com/tmp/subpanel/

The compressor is rated 16 amps at 220 volts and has a pump release
for startup. That means that it has EASY starts and NOT HARD starts.

I have 3 questions.

1. Can I connect it to electricity with a regular 20A 220V plug, and
use regular flexible 10-12 gauge wire?

2. I have some nice AC switches/breakers, from a big UPS, 40 amp
rated, can I install one on the compressor to serve as a power switch?
This compressor does not have a power switch, and I would hate it to
turn itself on in the middle of the night, or during the day to
startle someone who might be in the garage. At the same time, I feel
that pulling the plug is not a good solution.

3. Is there some smart autodrain device that I could install in place
of the drain plug?

Thanks!

Horrible Freight sells autodrain kits. If you can find a timer, I can
send you a solenoid and air manifold that will pipe up to your tank.

Gunner

It's better to be a red person in a blue state
than a blue person in a red state. As a red
person, if your blue neighbors turn into a mob
at least you have a gun to protect yourself.
As a blue person, your only hope is to appease
the red mob with herbal tea and marinated tofu.

(Phil Garding)