Grant Erwin

Thanks, good stuff. I am looking at it. The outlets are already
protected by proper electcrical circuit breakers. So, if I add a
switch in sequence to the breaker, I am not concerned about inability
of that switch to protect the circuit. It is the job of the breaker.

Wrong. The breaker protects your HOUSE. If wires short and start drawing
enough current to heat up and maybe burn your house down, the breaker pops.
You should be thinking about a motor starter. It doesn't have to be a
mag switch, could be a definite purpose contactor, but whatever, it should
have overloads in it that protect your motor. Search ebay on Square D
motor starters or magnetic switches or contactors, stuff like that. A
little 3 hp motor can run with a NEMA size 1 no problem, they don't cost
much used.

GWE