Owen Lowe

In article .com,
"mike" wrote:

I sometimes use lacquer for turnings. I use a spray can, one can will
do quite a few turnings. No gun to clean up, inexpensive for small
uses.

Whatever method of applying lacquer you go with, make sure you buy a
high quality brand. The more expensive lacquers have much more solids
content than the store brands. I discovered this for myself (after
reading the advice of others) last fall when I bought a can of Behlens
lacquer - the can was noticeably heavier than the Ace and Kryon products
and the sprayed finish went on much more smoothly and built more rapidly
- lessening my fears of thin edges or wet sanding through at the edges.

as 100% Americanism." -- Huey P. Long